Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS), is the Department of the Army Management Information System of Record for managing student input to training. ATRRS is an on-line system which provides mission-critical support to Total Force readiness, manning, and training throughput management including: centralization of training requirements; accessions required to meet statutory end strength; management of trainees through the training base from accessions to first unit of assignment; building and sustaining operational unit and personnel readiness; individual institutional training (i.e. initial military training, professional military education, and functional); and evaluation of training program execution.
Client:Department of the Army
Services:Software Engineering, Web Application Development, Usability Testing, Section 508 Compliance, Training, eLearning Course Development, Database Administration
The ATRRS system has over 30,000 individual users worldwide with an estimated concurrent load of 1500 users. The ATRRS Application Suite currently supports over one million daily page views and demands twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week immediate response support for satisfactory operation.
Our staff works to design and develop web applications that manage student registration, class enrollment, and scheduling and curriculum information for the Federal Acquisition Institute.
- Develop web design guidelines and documents for the client’s web design and programming teams for new and existing projects.
- We conduct research and usability studies on websites to improve the interface and user experience. Implement best practice CSS and web design for asp.NET sites to allow them to be easily updated.
- Write in both MVC and WebForms frameworks, and interface with a central mainframe to synchronize data of roughly 400,000 users.
- Resolve issues of development due to the client’s use of classic ASP programming and new .NET programming through research and recommendations.
- Develop role-based access management components used on systems to simplify and streamline application security.
- Plan and document best practices to convert existing websites to Content Management based (CMS) websites allowing non-programmers to update content stored in SQL databases.
- Recommend and implement Interactive Training development solutions, using Adobe Captivate and Adobe Presenter products to develop online training of client’s existing products.
- Write and produce audio and animation segments to be placed into interactive training.
- Convert existing PowerPoint presentations to interactive SCORM and 508 complaint FLASH-based training products.
- Convert existing “stand-up” training into interactive online SCORM and 508 compliant FLASH training.
- Test websites for usability and functionality.
- Write, produce, and create interactive Flash-based training.
- Test training solutions on Learning Management Systems, including Moodle, eFront, and Inquisiq r3 LMS.
- Design and develop 508 compliant web applications that manage student registration, class enrollment, and scheduling and curriculum information for the Federal Acquisition Institute.
- Provide technical support services for the operation, maintenance, and continuing required modifications to ATRRS, to include all sub-systems and user-tested training modules. The multi-hosted ATRRS environment includes Network, Website, Mainframe, Security, User Support and Training, and Documentation.
- Provide maintenance support to include hardware, software, database support, and quality assurance support and data continuity for the day-to-day operation of ATRRS.
- Monitor real-time SQL Server databases and historical server logs for storage and performance issues to mitigate performance problems along with the ATRRS DB2 database to prevent data extents and storage issues and perform preventative maintenance on a weekly basis.
- Create and execute maintenance routines to ensure the efficient operation of the database. Ensure that new and modified database objects are included in the maintenance routines.
- Provide security support for the day-to-day operations of the web environment and related program operations. Coordinate firewall rule exceptions with the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) as required. Respond to security-related matters upon request.
- Work with the Army to develop, modify, enhance, and adapt ATRRS software to facilitate interfacing with currently operational systems and systems under development so that interfaces are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure that data transfer is through appropriate means, to include electronic data transfer, diskettes, tapes, interactive exchange, FTP, XML, and other means and formats. Receive data, to include editing and updating the ATRRS database with manpower, personnel, training, resource and other data for Active Army, Army National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve, other Services and different categories of personnel; send data, to include manpower, personnel, training, resource and other data from the ATRRS database to other agencies and activities; and maintain ATRRS and interface information on Army G-1 and DoD system databases, as required by the government. Draft, staff and distribute finalized System Interface Agreements (SIA).
- Provide ATRRS user support to include responding to telephonic inquiries, supplying ATRRS User’s Help Documentation, web announcements, modifying reports, and attending planning meetings at the government’s direction to lend technical assistance.
- Maintain QWS3270 Secure licenses and control distribution to ATRRS users via ATRRS website and user authentication. Provide ATRRS training to the user community (users, managers, and executives) and others, including agencies outside of the Army.
- Maintain and revise system documentation to reflect current system operation and software maintenance and document the status of on-going initiatives. All ATRRS documentation is made available to the government, upon request.
Vigilant Services Corporation supports this program by providing software development for the operation, maintenance, and continuing required modifications to the Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS), to include its sub-systems and modules. The multi-hosted ATRRS environment includes Network, Website, Mainframe, Security, User Support and Training, and Documentation.